With a playground to entertain the children, Lota Park is a lovely spot to picnic and enjoy the extensive bay views.
- There is a fort-like playground structure incorporating rope climbing and tunnel slippery slides particularly suited to older kids.
- For toddlers, a separate, semi-shaded play area with a small slide, rockers and climbing cubby holes.
- Both playgrounds have sandy ground covering, providing a soft landing for falling kids not to mention a great sand-pit area for younger ones.
- Bike path runs through the park and continues along the waterside through the suburbs of Manly and Wynnum - great for those wanting a scenic walk/run/cycle.
- Exercise equipment stations.
- Beautiful open space dotted with sheltered picnic tables and BBQs.
- Toilets available.
Size: 3.02 hectares
Local Government Area: Brisbane, Queensland