Captain Burke Park is a scenic location positioned under the Storey Bridge with an impressive view of the city across the Brisbane River.
- As the name suggests the playground has a nautical theme to inspire pretend play, but also includes the essential playground equipment like swings and a double slide.
- Large open space for playing games or kicking a ball around.
- Walking/bike track takes you right along the river to the Kangaroo Point Cliffs and South Bank.
- BBQs, picnic tables and benches (some sheltered), public toilet block and drinking water facilities available.
- Metered street parking available.
- Caution required when supervising young children at the park as the playground is unfenced and the river is accessible.
Size: 1.9 hectares
Suburb: Kangaroo Point
Local Government Area: Brisbane, Queensland