Hawthorne Park is a great place to visit if you appreciate a fenced playground for your littlies, the opportunity for a bit of flat walking, cycling, or scooting, and easy access to a cafe. The playground (known as Livvi's Place Playground) was created by the Touched by Olivia Foundation and focuses on providing a unique and creative play area where children of all abilities can play together.
- The playground is bright and colourful, fully shaded with shade sails and rubber surfaced.
- Equipment in the playground includes a tongue-like slalom-glider/slide (designed for children >5years), various climbing structures including climbing nets and free floating rings, a large sandpit, a "Learning Braille" chart, swaying boat ride, sea saw, balance board, lie-down circle swing, rockers and traditional swings.
- The sports ground adjacent to the playground provides ample room for a run around.
- A flat walking track meanders through the park and is particularly well suited to young bike riders or scooters.
- Wood-fire BBQ and picnic shelter near the playground.
- Child-friendly cafes close by on Riding Road.
- Street parking (including some reserved disabled parking) on Riding Road.
- Toilets available, however they are on the other side of the park and some distance from the playground area.
Size: 7.23 hectares
Local Government Area: Brisbane, Queensland