Conveniently located across the street from the shops and restaurants of Portside, Hamilton Recreation Reserve (or Hercules St Park) is a lovely spot to let the kids run wild.
- Playground equipment suits a range of ages and abilities. Young ones may enjoy the small, older style playground with slides, low bridges and platforms to walk between, swings and rockers, or the large shaded sandpit area. Older kids will love the large rope climbing pyramid, the rock climbing wall and structure and the obstacle-type course which will challenge balance, strength and co-ordination.
- There is also a mini road way for young kids on bikes and scooters to practise their give way rules!
- The dog off-leash area features agility equipment, and provides a sheltered table for dog-owners within the fenced zone.
- There are sheltered picnic tables and BBQs, and some shade for a picnic rug.
- Shops across the road make it convenient to pick up fish and chips or a much-needed coffee on the way to the park.
- Other facilities include public toilets and an off-street car park, though this can fill up very quickly.
- NO lighting is provided at night
Size: 1.9 hectares
Local Government Area: Brisbane, Queensland
- Dog Park