The John Goss Reserve sprawls up the hillside off Maundrell Terrace in Chermside West, giving rise to distinct activity zones such as sporting fields, dog parks and family picnic/playground areas.
- There is a main fort structure in the playground which incorporates chain ladders, rock-climbing walls, a central climbing web, tunnel ladder, fireman's pole, platforms and bridges.
- The older kids will also enjoy the other curved climbing structure, climbing tower, slide, and obstacle course which includes stepping stones to jump between and a flying fox.
- There is a low-lying toddler circuit with wobbly bridges, a tunnel to climb through and a small flying fox.
- Another toddler area has play panels such as a chunky abacus and noughts and crosses game.
- Other playground features are a sandpit with digger, circular lie down group swing and a stand up spinner.
- There is a lot of shade provided by the large trees as well as shade sails over much of the playground equipment.
- For dog owners there is a main dog off-leash area with a picnic shelter to sit at and various structures for energetic dogs, and a second, smaller fenced dog park adjacent.
- Facilities include numerous park benches scattered through the playground, sheltered picnic tables, BBQs and toilets.
- There is an off-street car park but if full there is also plenty of street parking to be found on Maundrell Terrace.
Size: 14.83 hectares
Suburb: Chermside West
Local Government Area: Brisbane, Queensland
- Dog Park
- Picnic (x2)
- Toilet (x2)